- 31.1: The hormone that helps plants respond to drought is a. auxin. d. et...
- 31.2: Auxin enhances cell elongation in all of these ways except a. incre...
- 31.3: Charles and Francis Darwin discovered that a. auxin is responsible ...
- 31.4: The signaling molecule for flowering might be released earlier than...
- 31.5: If a long-day plant has a critical night length of 9 hours, which 2...
- 31.6: A plant mutant that showed normal gravitropic bending but did not s...
- 31.7: Indicate the response to each condition by drawing a straight seedl...
- 31.8: A field biologist notes that a caterpillar quits feeding on a certa...
- 31.9: As a general rule, light-sensitive germination is more pronounced i...
- 31.10: In a short essay (100150 words), summarize phytochromes role in alt...
Solutions for Chapter 31: PLANT RESPONSES TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SIGNALS
Full solutions for Campbell Biology in Focus - Standalone book | 1st Edition
Rock or soil through which groundwater moves easily.
An instrument that measures atmospheric pressure.
The study of the universe.
A sedimentary rock formed of material deposited from solution by evaporation of water.
That portion of the shore lying between the normal high and low water marks; the intertidal zone.
Geologic time scale
The division of Earth history into blocks of time—eons, eras, periods, and epochs. The time scale was created using relative dating principles.
A short wall built at a right angle to the shore to trap moving sand.
A layer in a soil profile.
The gravitational disturbance of the orbit of one celestial body by another.
An arch formed by wave erosion when caves on opposite sides of a headland unite.
Frozen or semifrozen rain formed when raindrops freeze as they pass through a layer of cold air.
The condition of water droplets that remain in the liquid state at temperatures well below 0° C.
A very large star of high luminosity.
Any of the Earth-like planets, including Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Earth.
The size, shape, and distribution of the particles that collectively constitute a rock.
Soils that form on unconsolidated deposits.
A series of long ridges oriented at right angles to the prevailing wind; these dunes form where vegetation is sparse and sand is very plentiful.
Tropical rain forest
A luxuriant broadleaf evergreen forest; also, the name given the climate associated with this vegetation.