- 7.1: A simple decision can be implemented with an if statement.
- 7.2: In Python conditions, =1- is written as/=.
- 7.3: Strings are compared by lexicographic ordering.
- 7.4: A two-way decision is implemented using an if- el if statement.
- 7.5: The math . sqrt function cannot compute the square root of a negati...
- 7.6: A single try statement can catch multiple kinds of errors.
- 7.7: Multi-way decisions must be handled by nesting multiple if- el se s...
- 7.8: There is usually only one correct solution to a problem involving d...
- 7.9: The condition x <= y <= z is allowed in Python.
- 7.10: Input validation means prompting a user when input is required.
- 7.11: A year is a leap year if it is divisible by 4, unless it is a centu...
- 7.12: Write a program that accepts a date in the form month! day /year an...
- 7.13: The days of the year are often numbered from 1 through 365 (or 366)...
- 7.14: Do Programming Exercise 7 from Chapter 4, but add a decision to han...
- 7.15: Do Programming Exercise 8 from Chapter 4, but add a decision to pre...
- 7.16: Archery Scorer. Write a program that draws an archery target (see P...
- 7.17: Write a program to animate a circle bouncing around a window. The b...
- 7.18: Take a favorite programming problem from a previous chapter and add...
Solutions for Chapter 7: Decision Structures
Full solutions for Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science | 3rd Edition
The total amount of sediment a stream is able to transport.
A phenomenon of light by which otherwise identical objects may be differentiated.
Continental volcanic arc
Mountains formed in part by igneous activity associated with the subduction of oceanic lithosphere beneath a continent.
The very thin outermost layer of Earth.
The process of converting a liquid to a gas.
A type of movement common to mass-wasting processes that refers to the free falling of detached individual pieces of any size.
A group of interrelated food chains.
The mechanical breakup of rock caused by the expansion of freezing water in cracks and crevices.
The solid Earth, the largest of Earth’s four major spheres.
A term used to describe the texture of certain igneous rocks, such as obsidian, that contain no crystals.
Complex pattern of climate conditions associated with mountains. Highland climates are characterized by large differences that occur over short distances.
A galaxy that lacks symmetry.
An episode of strong trade winds and unusually low sea-surface temperatures in the central and eastern Pacific. The opposite of El Niño.
Mercalli intensity scale
See Modified Mercalli intensity scale.
Date that specifies the actual number of years that have passed since an event occurred.
The proposed supercontinent that 200 million years ago began to break apart and form the present landmasses.
A chemical reaction in the atmosphere that is triggered by sunlight, often yielding a secondary pollutant.
Isolated hill of sand that exhibits a complex form and develops where wind directions are variable.
Any size group of interacting parts that form a complex whole.