- 8.1: Find the length of the curve.
- 8.2: Find the length of the curve.
- 8.3: Find the length of the curve (b) Find the area of the surface obtai...
- 8.4: (a) The curve , , is rotated about the -axis. Find the area of the ...
- 8.5: Use Simpsons Rule with to estimate the length of the sine curve ,
- 8.6: Use Simpsons Rule with to estimate the area of the surface obtained...
- 8.7: Find the length of the curve
- 8.8: Find the area of the surface obtained by rotating the curve in Exer...
- 8.9: A gate in an irrigation canal is constructed in the form of a trape...
- 8.10: A trough is filled with water and its vertical ends have the shape ...
- 8.11: Find the centroid of the region bounded by the given curve
- 8.12: Find the centroid of the region bounded by the given curve
- 8.13: Find the centroid of the region shown
- 8.14: Find the centroid of the region shown
- 8.15: Find the volume obtained when the circle of radius 1 with center is...
- 8.16: Use the Theorem of Pappus and the fact that the volume of a sphere ...
- 8.17: The demand function for a commodity is given by Find the consumer s...
- 8.18: After a 6-mg injection of dye into a heart, the readings of dye con...
- 8.19: (a) Explain why the function is a probability density function. (b)...
- 8.20: Lengths of human pregnancies are normally distributed with mean 268...
- 8.21: The length of time spent waiting in line at a certain bank is model...
Solutions for Chapter 8: Single Variable Calculus 7th Edition
Full solutions for Single Variable Calculus | 7th Edition
See Inverse cosine function.
Coefficient of determination
The number r2 or R2 that measures how well a regression curve fits the data
Conic section (or conic)
A curve obtained by intersecting a double-napped right circular cone with a plane
See Polar coordinates.
Any solution of the resulting equation that is not a solution of the original equation.
The amount of time required for half of a radioactive substance to decay.
Horizontal shrink or stretch
See Shrink, stretch.
Infinite discontinuity at x = a
limx:a + x a ƒ(x) = q6 or limx:a - ƒ(x) = q.
Inverse secant function
The function y = sec-1 x
Line of symmetry
A line over which a graph is the mirror image of itself
Present value of an annuity T
he net amount of your money put into an annuity.
The collection of probabilities of outcomes in a sample space assigned by a probability function.
A logarithmic scale used in measuring the intensity of an earthquake.
An identity involving a trigonometric function of u + v
Sum of an infinite series
See Convergence of a series
A procedure used to divide a polynomial by a linear factor, x - a
A line graph in which time is measured on the horizontal axis.
Union of two sets A and B
The set of all elements that belong to A or B or both.
The product of a force applied to an object over a given distance W = ƒFƒ ƒAB!ƒ.