- 2.4.41: In Exercises 4143, divide using long division. (4x3 - 3x2 - 2x + 1)...
- 2.4.42: In Exercises 4143, divide using long division. (10x3 - 26x2 + 17x -...
- 2.4.43: In Exercises 4143, divide using long division.(4x4 + 6x3 + 3x - 1) ...
- 2.4.44: In Exercises 4445, divide using synthetic division. (3x4 + 11x3 - 2...
- 2.4.45: In Exercises 4445, divide using synthetic division. (3x4 - 2x2 - 10...
- 2.4.46: In Exercises 4445, divide using synthetic division. Given f(x) = 2x...
- 2.4.47: Use synthetic division to divide f(x) = 2x3 + x2 - 13x + 6 by x - 2...
- 2.4.48: Solve the equation x3 - 17x + 4 = 0 given that 4 is a root. Solve t...
Solutions for Chapter 2.4: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
A sequence of equal periodic payments.
Boxplot (or box-and-whisker plot)
A graph that displays a five-number summary
A point where the supply curve and demand curve intersect. The corresponding price is the equilibrium price.
A subset of a sample space.
A visible representation of a numerical or algebraic model.
See Complex plane.
Inverse tangent function
The function y = tan-1 x
See Absolute value of a complex number.
Two vectors u and v with u x v = 0.
See Polar coordinate system.
Power rule of logarithms
logb Rc = c logb R, R 7 0.
Range (in statistics)
The difference between the greatest and least values in a data set.
A statistical measure that does not change much in response to outliers.
A logarithmic scale used in measuring the intensity of an earthquake.
Angle measure equal to 1/60 of a minute.
Sum of complex numbers
(a + bi) + (c + di) = (a + c) + (b + d)i
Symmetric about the y-axis
A graph in which (-x, y) is on the graph whenever (x, y) is; or a graph in which (-r, -?) or (r, ?, -?) is on the graph whenever (r, ?) is
An interval that extends to -? or ? (or both).
The points x, y, 0 in Cartesian space.
The vector <0,0> or <0,0,0>.