- 7.6.56: Find the value of the objective function z = 2x + 3y at each corner...
- 7.6.57: In Exercises 5759, graph the region determined by the constraints. ...
- 7.6.58: In Exercises 5759, graph the region determined by the constraints. ...
- 7.6.59: In Exercises 5759, graph the region determined by the constraints. ...
- 7.6.60: A paper manufacturing company converts wood pulp to writing paper a...
- 7.6.61: A manufacturer of lightweight tents makes two models whose specifi ...
Solutions for Chapter 7.6: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
Absolute value of a complex number
The absolute value of the complex number z = a + b is given by ?a2+b2; also, the length of the segment from the origin to z in the complex plane.
An identity involving a trigonometric function of u - v
a(b + c) = ab + ac and related properties
Index of summation
See Summation notation.
Initial value of a function
Irreducible quadratic over the reals
A quadratic polynomial with real coefficients that cannot be factored using real coefficients.
Lower bound of f
Any number b for which b < ƒ(x) for all x in the domain of ƒ
Midpoint (in a coordinate plane)
For the line segment with endpoints (a,b) and (c,d), (aa + c2 ,b + d2)
Real numbers shown to the left of the origin on a number line.
Data items more than 1.5 times the IQR below the first quartile or above the third quartile.
Partial fraction decomposition
See Partial fractions.
The measure of acidity
Product of matrices A and B
The matrix in which each entry is obtained by multiplying the entries of a row of A by the corresponding entries of a column of B and then adding
The first quartile is the median of the lower half of a set of data, the second quartile is the median, and the third quartile is the median of the upper half of the data.
Reciprocal of a real number
See Multiplicative inverse of a real number.
Set of all possible outcomes of an experiment.
A matrix whose number of rows equals the number of columns.
a - b = a + (-b)
Sum of an infinite series
See Convergence of a series
The restrictions on x and y that specify a viewing window. See Viewing window.