- Appendix B.1: A department store issues its own credit card, with an interest rat...
- Appendix B.2: A deposit of $10,000 is made into an account paying a nominal yearl...
- Appendix B.3: A deposit of $50,000 is made into an account paying a nominal yearl...
- Appendix B.4: Use a graph of y = (1+0.07/x)x to estimate the number that (1 + 0.0...
- Appendix B.5: (a) Find (1 + 0.04/n)n for n = 10,000, and 100,000, and 1,000,000. ...
- Appendix B.6: Find the effective annual rate of a 6% annual rate, compounded cont...
- Appendix B.7: What nominal annual interest rate has an effective annual rate of 5...
- Appendix B.8: What is the effective annual rate, under continuous compounding, fo...
- Appendix B.9: (a) Find the effective annual rate for a 5% annual interest rate co...
- Appendix B.10: A bank account is earning interest at 6% per year compounded contin...
- Appendix B.11: Explain how you can match the interest rates (a)(e) with the effect...
- Appendix B.12: In 1989, US inflation was 4.6% a year. In 1989 Argentina had an inf...
- Appendix B.13: Between December 1988 and December 1989, Brazils inflation rate was...
Solutions for Chapter Appendix B: Problems for Appendix B
Full solutions for Applied Calculus | 5th Edition
Angle of depression
The acute angle formed by the line of sight (downward) and the horizontal
A matrix that represents a system of equations.
Convergence of a series
A series aqk=1 ak converges to a sum S if imn: q ank=1ak = S
De Moivre’s theorem
(r(cos ? + i sin ?))n = r n (cos n? + i sin n?)
Derivative of ƒ
The function defined by ƒ'(x) = limh:0ƒ(x + h) - ƒ(x)h for all of x where the limit exists
The right side of u(v + w) = uv + uw.
The minimum, first quartile, median, third quartile, and maximum of a data set.
A method of solving a system of n linear equations in n unknowns.
Inequality symbol or
Law of cosines
a2 = b2 + c2 - 2bc cos A, b2 = a2 + c2 - 2ac cos B, c2 = a2 + b2 - 2ab cos C
The value of |r| at the point on the graph of a polar equation that has the maximum distance from the pole
Midpoint (in a coordinate plane)
For the line segment with endpoints (a,b) and (c,d), (aa + c2 ,b + d2)
Mode of a data set
The category or number that occurs most frequently in the set.
The multiplicity of a zero c of a polynomial ƒ(x) of degree n > 0 is the number of times the factor (x - c) (x - z 2) Á (x - z n)
Paraboloid of revolution
A surface generated by rotating a parabola about its line of symmetry.
See Parametric equations.
sin2 u + cos2 u = 1, 1 + tan2 u = sec2 u, and 1 + cot2 u = csc2 u
Zeros of multiplicity ? 2 (see Multiplicity).
Angle measure equal to 1/60 of a minute.
Standard form: equation of a circle
(x - h)2 + (y - k2) = r 2
Textbook Survival Guides
Having trouble accessing your account? Let us help you, contact support at +1(510) 944-1054 or email@example.com
Forgot password? Reset it here