- 12-4.Q1: Sketch the graph of y = sin x
- 12-4.Q2: Sketch the graph of y = cos x.
- 12-4.Q3: Sketch the graph of y = ex
- 12-4.Q4: Sketch the graph of y = ln x
- 12-4.Q5: Sketch the graph of y = cosh x.
- 12-4.Q6: Sketch the graph of y = tan1 x.
- 12-4.Q7: In the expression 3x5, the number 5 is called the ?.
- 12-4.Q8: In the expression 3x5, the number 3 is called the ?.
- 12-4.Q9: The expression x5 is called a(n) ?.
- 12-4.Q10: The area of the region between the graph of y = 9 x2 and the x-axis...
- 12-4.1: Exponential Function Series Problem: Consider the function f(x) = e...
- 12-4.2: Cosine Function Series Problem: Consider the function g(x) = cos x....
- 12-4.3: Sine Series Problem: Let P(x) = x , which is the sine series. a. Sh...
- 12-4.4: Hyperbolic Sine and Cosine Series Problem: Let a. Write the first f...
- 12-4.5: Natural Log Series Problem: Let P(x) = (x 1) + . This series is the...
- 12-4.6: Convergence and Divergence Problem: From 12-1, recall that a series...
Solutions for Chapter 12-4: Power Series for Other Elementary Functions
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
See Inverse cotangent function.
The change in position divided by the change in time.
The number found when the corresponding components of two vectors are multiplied and then summed
An identity involving a trigonometric function of 2u
Graph of an inequality in x and y
The set of all points in the coordinate plane corresponding to the solutions x, y of the inequality.
A graph that visually represents the information in a frequency table using rectangular areas proportional to the frequencies.
Inverse of a matrix
The inverse of a square matrix A, if it exists, is a matrix B, such that AB = BA = I , where I is an identity matrix.
The final digit of a number in a stemplot.
limx:aƒ1x2 = L means that ƒ(x) gets arbitrarily close to L as x gets arbitrarily close (but not equal) to a
Limit to growth
See Logistic growth function.
Any of the real numbers in a matrix
A model determined by analyzing numbers or data in order to gain insight into a phenomenon, p. 64.
Angle generated by a counterclockwise rotation.
A variable (in statistics) that takes on numerical values for a characteristic being measured.
Set of all possible outcomes of an experiment.
An end behavior asymptote that is a slant line
Stemplot (or stem-and-leaf plot)
An arrangement of a numerical data set into a specific tabular format.
Sum of a finite geometric series
Sn = a111 - r n 2 1 - r
Upper bound for real zeros
A number d is an upper bound for the set of real zeros of ƒ if ƒ(x) ? 0 whenever x > d.
Upper bound test for real zeros
A test for finding an upper bound for the real zeros of a polynomial.