×
Log in to StudySoup
Get Full Access to Physics: Principles With Applications - 6 Edition - Chapter 11 - Problem 16p
Join StudySoup for FREE
Get Full Access to Physics: Principles With Applications - 6 Edition - Chapter 11 - Problem 16p

Already have an account? Login here
×
Reset your password

A 0.60-kg mass vibrates according to the equation x = 0.45

Physics: Principles with Applications | 6th Edition | ISBN: 9780130606204 | Authors: Douglas C. Giancoli ISBN: 9780130606204 3

Solution for problem 16P Chapter 11

Physics: Principles with Applications | 6th Edition

  • Textbook Solutions
  • 2901 Step-by-step solutions solved by professors and subject experts
  • Get 24/7 help from StudySoup virtual teaching assistants
Physics: Principles with Applications | 6th Edition | ISBN: 9780130606204 | Authors: Douglas C. Giancoli

Physics: Principles with Applications | 6th Edition

4 5 1 302 Reviews
19
4
Problem 16P

Problem 16P

A 0.60-kg mass vibrates according to the equation x = 0.45 cos 6.40t, where x is in meters and tis in seconds. Determine (a) the amplitude, (b) the frequency, (c) the total energy, and (d) the kinetic energy and potential energies when x = 0.30 m.

Step-by-Step Solution:

SolutionStep 1We can proceed with the thermal energy equation, E =Th/2) Nk T B Where, N - Number atoms or molecules -23 kB- Boltzmann constant = 1.38 ×10 J/K T - temperature of the system Initially, the system was at T = 20 The thermal energy had reduced by 10% and remaining is only 90%.These are the data provided to complete the problem and we have to find out the finaltemperature, T

Step 2 of 3

Chapter 11, Problem 16P is Solved
Step 3 of 3

Textbook: Physics: Principles with Applications
Edition: 6
Author: Douglas C. Giancoli
ISBN: 9780130606204

Other solutions

People also purchased

Related chapters

Unlock Textbook Solution

Enter your email below to unlock your verified solution to:

A 0.60-kg mass vibrates according to the equation x = 0.45